Pages

Featured Post

The Journey of FashtasticFlare

Hello my lovely readers, I would like to start this post off by thanking each and every beautiful soul who has read my blog posts, watched ...

Designers that stood out: Giambattista Valli & Guo Pei

July 18, 2017



This is the last post of Haute Couture Week, I hope you enjoyed the previous posts I have written. Now this post is for two designers who stood out and caught my eye as I was following Couture week. These two designers are Giambattista Valli and Guo Pei, they are very different designers and I really like what they showcased on the runway.


Who's ready, I am! Let's Start with Giambattista Valli.


This collection is very floral with soft flowing fabrics. It's all about the volume, make it big and go home is a under statement when you look at Giambattista Valli's couture! I love the way he has used the fabric, it has been manipulated in a way that showcases volume.  The ruffles and layering really pulls the whole collection together.


I think if I could sum this collection up in a few words, I would say simple yet effective. He makes the dress design so simple but its not and that is what really brings this collection together.


Down below I have selected my favourite pieces from the collection.





I bet you thought this was the end but no! Yes we have one more designer to talk about, let's welcome Guo Pei to the blog. This is her first time on FashtasticFlare 😊


Now this is a collection that really stands out for the boldness and the statement hitting the runway. I think a woman who chooses to use metallic throughout the collection, she is definitely risking everything. I guess that is what I really like, but it does not surprise me that she loves the attention, as she made the Met Gala dress that Rihanna broke the internet over.


I love the colours used in this collection, I feel the ombre effect in the metallic is somewhat mermaid like. I also love how the metallic colours reflect under the light giving all kinds of tones and shimmer. There is so many styles to choose from, from strapless to off the shoulder, midis to maxi's with a twist.


She even included soft princess like dresses, so there is definitely a major contrast in this collection, it's like there is something for everyone. One thing to note is there has been a lot of hard work gone into this particular collection which has paid off, in my personal opinion. Guo Pei you should definitely take a bow and be proud of what has been produced!






Thank you for reading this post, I hope you enjoyed Haute Couture Week!


All good things must come to end, until next time! 😜

Leave a comment, on what you enjoyed most about Haute Couture Week

You can follow my blog via bloglovin. 
Don't have bloglovin, no problem become part of the FashtasticFlare Community by clicking "Join this site" on the right, all you need is a Google account :)

Check out my Contact me page, if you want to tweet me, instagram me or simply send me an email :D 


Also I make YouTube Videos, so why don't you check out my previous videos and subscribe while you're there, I would really appreciate it :)


DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS